Sunday, November 17, 2013

Be contented cuz if you don't, who will?

All this while, i am extremely indignant about my life.

In fact, i really envy other peoples' life.
How some people could get what they want effortlessly? 
How some people are just so damn rich?
How some people are like so damn perfect/talented?
Too obsessed of others' good and forgot mine.
Which it's like actually none of my business to care.
But i kept comparing & comparing .
About the differences in my life and theirs'.
Making myself upset every single day, harping on the same issue.
Asking myself "why can't my parents be as rich as theirs?"
Would their life be better if i'm not born?
Honestly, i really questioned my parents' way of teaching us how to be independent.
Of not being able to support us financially with the things we want.
Since young, my dad never gives in to my request despite countless pleading.
Being brought up in a way that i have to pay everything i want on my own.
Like a phone, a mp3 or just a watch.
As long as they think that it's not counted as a necessity, you pay.
Looking at the things i have, 80% came from my own money.
So i'm proud to say that i know the cost of every single item.


However, 

There comes a point of time when i'm just so sick of my life.
No matter how much i earn, i can never save much.
Which leads me to comprehend "why do i have to pay everything on my own since p6"
Blaming that my life is just so fucking pathetic.
Life is just so unfair and i don't have a choice.
So I kept crying and crying, not knowing that crying wouldn't change a thing.
Feeling empathetic for me? 
Nope, 
Read this. . .
 I had finally realised my 18 years' moment of folly.
That everything my parents did were for MY OWN GOOD.
They wanted me to be thankful of what i have .
Instead of taking things for granted.
Cause they knew
I will never cherish things that i get too easily.
我终于知道他们的苦心了。
At last, i managed to understand my parents' point of view.
"可以疼你但是不能纵容你"
Doting doesn't means it should be supporting us financially.
Meaning "answering to our requests for every item we yearn to get"
Yet...
Caring for us genuinely without hoping for any return.





                                   Why didn't i see how blessed i am way before that?
Now, i realised it's really dumb to compare myself to others.
There are so many more unfortunate people living in this world.
If i am counted as pathetic, what are they?
At least, i have parents who dote on me instead of abandoning me. 
I should be contented with my life since long long long ago.
And i only realised it. Till now. 




So i managed to save myself from being beyond redemption.
I finally learnt to cherish every single thing i have.
And be contented enough of what i have right now.
I'm planning to do this at the beginning of year 2014.
Writing down every single note with joyful moments.
Constantly reminding myself that i am already blessed enough.
Thankful that I've an awesome family whom i can never live without!
(:

No comments: