Sunday, April 7, 2013

True feelings

Hi.
Today is going to be an exclusive post
about



Streets beggars...


Alright, you might be thinking about why am i so random today.
Basically, what's your first impression of street beggars?
Afraid? Empathetic ? Disgusted? 
If you sympathised them then i guess you're on the right track.
However if you aren't , i'm speechless LOL
Okay yes, they earn a living by begging people for money.
And if you sympathised them, you will donate , isn't it?
Which "SYMPATHY" is the main key ...

#i shall call them SB instead~ 
so hear me out while i relate some incidents to you.
There are 2 kinds of SB in this world.


  • Lazy people who tried to act pathetic just to earn others' sympathy (SB 1) 
  • People who are really in need of $$$ in term of other circumstances (SB 2) 

Which it's pretty clear that only SB (2) is worth donating.
Let me introduce you some of the SB (1) whom i have seen. 
Today, i came across a lady who is around her mid 50s with her 20 year old son who is wheel-bound.
Her son behaved like a little erratic/abnormal ... 
& Guess what i saw.
The son was playing with his IPAD secretly .
IT'S A FREAKING IPAD , not just ordinary phones or whatever.
So if you're abnormal, can you play the ipad? 


Previously, i met a lady who is blind .

And i saw her using an IPHONE secretly.
I didn't know a blind woman can use a touch screen phone.
Ok even if she can, affording an IPHONE does not tally her current situation, isn't it? 

What the shit is this, really.
I really feel so awfully cheated .
It's not the money that i felt indignant for.
But my trust.
Seen too many con artists & i just felt so sick and tired.
Look, i'm not trying to judge or whatever.
But if you are in my position, wouldn't you lose faith too?
It's like (at first) you felt so happy of doing a good deed.
And you discovered the ugly truth.
Which you just felt so argh damn, i should have donate to another one who might need it more.
But again , that damn feeling hits you back.
what if that another one is like the previous one ?
So it's like a vicious cycle which you can't predict.
& you had no idea who is actually real or fake.
I really felt so indignant for SB (2) because so many frauds are ruining their livelihood.
I might be exaggerating somehow .
But think again, many people stopped donating because of getting cheated.
which there's nothing you can do .
Sigh, ):


& I will take this chance to relate my "My biggest regret"
Which is related to street beggars.
A lot of people told me that if you go overseas, 
DON'T DONATE/GIVE YOUR $$$ to the SB .
Because if you give one, many of them will come to you.
Which is quite true cause i encountered it once before.


In 2011, i went to China for a cross-cultural exchange with SLC members.
And i saw a SB girl who is around my age.
Oh My God,
She was naked which she used cardboard to act as her "clothes"
I was really shocked and traumatised when i saw her.
There, it was freezing cold and i was wearing like 3 layers of clothes
with my thick winter jacket+ gloves +winter hat. 
& I'm still shivering
But she's not wearing anything and she was out there in the streets begging people for money.
 

Whoever that makes her to do this seriously
PLEASE GO TO HELL.


And I DIDN'T DONATE .
(My teachers don't allow & i'm such a coward)
But i can at least do something for her , isn't it?
I can at least give her my jacket or whatever that can keep her warm.
At that point of time, i was too stunned to think about all this.
So i didn't. 
And i just left like this. Leaving her in the lurch when she was so vulnerable.
Frankly speaking, till now, i still couldn't forget that image.
I can't forgive myself for being so heartless.
I should have done something to help her, I SHOULD HAVE.
But i didn't.
Which that's why this is my biggest regret. 
If time could be rewind, i really wish i can go back to her.
Give her whatever i have/can and say "I'm sorry" .





No comments: